Translate

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Por una vida sin drogas.


The charity race (5K or 10K) consisted of over 1500 participants who all supported “A new life without drugs”. As I arrived, I was impressed with how well the event was organized. 


The Champion, Sierra and I
In order to register for our selected events, my friends and I quickly past through each line to receive both our running number and liability waiver. We then enjoyed engaging in the Zumba warm-up as we watched our 5 instructors perform on the large stage. Later, after completing the race, we desperately drank all of the unlimited water and Powerade supplied to us by local contributors. And although I was not too hungry, many people also enjoyed the copious amount of free pasta provided by Sauzo while listening to great music.

Overall, the day went quite well as I spent time with wonderful friends. I especially must brag about one particular individual, the champion of our bracket, Women's 10K ages 20-39. I was happy to witness her success with a time just below 40 minutes; Sierra swept the competition away and placed 1st! 


"After-Race" Picture

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you for participating in this! you're a rockstar

    ReplyDelete